Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Recap from my Week One of training

So the Glass Slipper Challenge training started this week. If anyone doesn't know what the Glass Slipper Challenge is, it is a 2 day challenge in Walt Disney World. We run a 10k on a Saturday and a half marathon on the Sunday. I am a little nervous about doing this but I know of I train according to the schedule, I will be fine. I hope to get stronger every day. 


Training starts out with 2 weekday runs and then a longer run on the weekend. Looking through the plan, it is a little scary seeing the longer runs and thinking I can't do it. I can easily psych myself out of things so I need to just trust the training and go for it!

Week 1 was a crazy week for me. On Tuesday, I did my run on the treadmill and I realized how much I HATE the treadmill when I have a goal in mind. It's just so boring and I can't push myself the way I can outside. I planned to run on Thursday but there was a school event for my son Timmy so I forced myself to get up early on Friday morning and I hit the treadmill. After our Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday, Lora and I went for a 3 mile run outside. It felt great! 

I learned two things this week:
1. I hate the treadmill and want to run outside more.
2. I need to invest in some more cold weather gear for outside runs this winter.

I Want to update this every week so I can keep myself accountable but so you can also see how determination and dedication can go along way. I need to prove to myself that I can do anything I put my mind on. 

Next week, Courtney and I will run the Biggest Loser 10k with our friend Lora so we can submit a time for the GSC. 10k will be the longest distance we have ever run and it's scary but I believe that we can push each other and reach our goals. I have a time goal in mind and then I get this email to motivate me!


Have a great week everyone!

Xoxo
ToniAnn

Instagram- @mrsT9




No comments:

Post a Comment